Skip to main content

Social Media Etiquette

What is Etiquette? Well, according to Wikipedia it is a code of behaviour that delineates expectations for social behaviour according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group. All of us are taught how to behave, talk and eat in public. We have also pretty much excelled in it but when it comes to social media, we are not quite sure about etiquette. We haven't taught about it anywhere.


 So, I thought we should have a little discussion about it. I am not teaching anything, I am just sharing some things which I think can help us. I repeat, I am not 'teaching' anything and there could be things which even I should start exercising as none of us is perfect. 

Having said that, let us quickly discuss few important things.
1) Remember the fact that although it is virtual media, people are real. Hence, no playing with feelings bro! Think before you speak (technically,it is tweet or post or whatever :P). Never say something which you know won't go well with a person you're talking to. Value people's sentiments.

2) Although I know most of the people don't take anyone seriously online, there are few people who do. If there are such people around, don't take them for granted.

3) I see many people looking for potential spouses on social media :P I don't think it is a wise idea because I haven't heard of any online couple who are happily married. Seriously guys. No offence to anyone is intended. I am just being honest. Ask yourself honestly whether you will be able to marry that person. And if the answer is no, you are not just wasting your time but also destroying the life of another person involved who is possibly more serious than you are. Think about it. 

4) Don't attach yourself with anybody too much. Just don't. Consequences could be worse than you imagine, I am telling you. You know pretty well that you won't be here in coming years, what then? I am not saying not to make few good friends. I am all for it but make sure you don't get too attached. It can hurt you. 

5) People getting 'exposed' is a trend nowadays. For those who don't know, it is posting screenshots of DM conversations of people where one of the people behaves immorally. When I see guys panicking about it, I find it plain stupid. Why say things which you will regret when they are made public? And people actually trusting someone enough to think they won't expose them after their disgusting demands is beyond me. You think you will get away after showing how filthy you are? Where have you left your brains? I won't judge anyone and sincerely hope guys who do this will stop in'sha'Allah. Pretty much always both the people are at fault. Girls should not get that too friendly with guys to discuss things which could lead to such immoral and disgusting demands.

6) Every other day we hear a celebrity speaking something and getting into controversies. Most of the times stories are woven by media for the sake of TRPs. So, it is best to ignore and not talk about it because one of the major problem of our country (pretty much, whole world actually) today is that we get mad on irrelevant things. We talk, debate over things which won't benefit us in any way. We are eluding from actual problems and focusing on useless things. Grow up, guys!

7) We usually use it for time pass but it is better if we serve some purpose. Share some worthy information and reminders.
So yeah, there !let us keep these things in mind and use our time on social media effectively in'sha'Allah!


 I pretty much summed up everything and if something is missing, let me know down in comments! Do tell me how you liked it. Everything up there was my opinion, ignore if you disagree. 
Have an amazing day ahead. 
Assalamualaikum :)
Love,
Affan Syed.


Edit: I may have said things in this blog I wouldn't agree now or maybe the way I said it is too childish, so keep in mind that this is an old blog. I'm not deleting it because blogs are my first online appearance as a writer :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving our imperfect life

Edit: I may have said things in this blog I wouldn't agree now or maybe the way I said it is too childish, so keep in mind that this is an old blog. I'm not deleting it because blogs are my first online appearance as a writer :p I am writing a letter to life for the #DearZindagi activity at BlogAdda. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkO7ksXY8E . Dear Zindagi, I love you!! Seriously. You're beautiful! No matter how many hardships I face, how many heartbreaks I go through, I'll never stop loving you! I'm very grateful to you and thank god for blessing me with you. You've always taught me new lessons. Sure, there are times when everything seems to be going wrong and you think everyone is against you but I never thought of letting you go because I know you are a gift from God and my loved ones have right for you too. Whenever I'm depressed or anxious, I just go out and appreciate the beauty of nature do something which distracts me. Many people sa

Change For Better !

Sick of being how you are? Or even if you aren't, should ?don't you should? *Let us change for better! *No! Don't overburden yourself but also don't underestimate! *Every month, consider over 3 habits you need to change...*Listen to motivational lectures and read good books. *Don't say anyone about the change, not even to yourself.Just shed off bad habits and embrace good ones! *Be just, good and kind to people around. *Lower your eyes. *Ask for forgiveness from people you may have hurt (both intentionally and unintentionally) and seek forgiveness from God for the sins you commit. (Say Astagfirullah) *Never underestimate God.He forgives no matter how bad you are. *Be sincere. Happy Changing ;)                                                                                                    Love and Du'aas,                                                                                                            Affan Syed. Edit: I may have said

To Haters ! (if any)

Dear Haters, Raise your standards for mine are high! Try to love yourself because if you love yourself, you will lose interest in me! Read biographies of famous people because I bet you will find their lives lot more interesting than mine. And you please don't worry about the frequency of mine being on social media or wasting time anywhere else because I promise that won't hurt you anyway! Concentrate on your work rather than wasting your time on me, I guess it will do good for you ! You make me think I'm the best person on the Earth because I know your views can never be right! And look,I' m neither any celebrity nor any person of high regard, so please stop all that "research" on me! And remember this, you 'll never see me frown, so give up! I was born smiling ;) P.S. You ain't my mum, you don't need to tell me what I do and what not :P