What is Etiquette? Well, according to Wikipedia it is a code of behaviour that delineates expectations for social behaviour according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group. All of us are taught how to behave, talk and eat in public. We have also pretty much excelled in it but when it comes to social media, we are not quite sure about etiquette. We haven't taught about it anywhere.
So, I thought we should have a little discussion about it. I am not teaching anything, I am just sharing some things which I think can help us. I repeat, I am not 'teaching' anything and there could be things which even I should start exercising as none of us is perfect.
Having said that, let us quickly discuss few important things.
1) Remember the fact that although it is virtual media, people are real. Hence, no playing with feelings bro! Think before you speak (technically,it is tweet or post or whatever :P). Never say something which you know won't go well with a person you're talking to.Value people's sentiments.
2) Although I know most of the people doesn't take anyone seriously online, there are few people who do.If there are such people around, don't take them for granted.
3) I see many people looking for potential spouses on social media :P I don't think it is a wise idea because I haven't heard of any online couple who are happily married. Seriously guys. No offence to anyone is intended. I am just being honest. Ask yourself honestly whether you will be able to marry that person. And if the answer is no, you are not just wasting your time but also destroying the life of another person involved who is possibly more serious than you are.Think about it.
4) Don't attach yourself with anybody too much. Just don't. Consequences could be worse than you imagine, I am telling you. You know pretty well that you won't be here in coming years, what then? I am not saying not to make few good friends. I am all for it but make sure you don't get too attached. It can hurt you.
5) People getting 'exposed' is a trend nowadays. For those who don't know, it is posting screenshots of DM conversations of people where one of the people behaves immorally. When I see guys panicking about it, I find it plain stupid. Why say things which you will regret when they are made public? And people actually trusting someone enough to think they won't expose them after their disgusting demands is beyond me. You think you will get away after showing how filthy you are? Where have you left your brains? I won't judge anyone and sincerely hope guys who do this will stop in'sha'Allah. Pretty much always both the people are at fault. Girls should not get that too friendly with guys to discuss things which could lead to such immoral and disgusting demands.
6) Every other day we hear a celebrity speaking something and getting into controversies. Most of the times stories are woven by media for the sake of TRPs. So, it is best to ignore and not talk about it because one of the major problem of our country (pretty much, whole world actually) today is that we get mad on irrelevant things. We talk, debate over things which won't benefit us in any way. We are eluding from actual problems and focusing on useless things. Grow up,guys!
7) We usually use it for time pass but it is better if we serve some purpose. Share some worthy information and reminders.
Hey, I think this blog serves it's purpose well. I pretty much summed up everything and if something is missing, let me know down in comments ! Do tell me how you liked it !! Everything up there was my opinion, ignore if you disagree.
Have an amazing day ahead. Next blog is ready but will post it on 28th :P